IMBA’s Trail Building School teaches IMBA's philosophies and trains volunteers, professionals and land managers how to build and maintain sustainable singletrack. The school involves half a day in the classroom followed by 1.5 days of field instruction and hands-on trail construction.
This will be the first Trail Building School in the Netherlands (Euregio), sponsored by Yakima Europe and hosted by MTB Club Discovery. Are you a volunteer or (semi) professional trail builder and want to learn more about sustainable trail building? Topics that will be covered and are applicable include:
- Layout of a sustainable trail and how to use a clinometer
- The Half Rule
- The 10% Rule
- Building a full-bench-cut trail
- Incorporating grade reversals
- Installing rolling grade dips
Other topics that the course could cover (depending on site) are:
- Laying out and constructing a climbing turn or bermed turn
- Bridge placement
- Armoring for sustainability
- Retaining walls
- Rerouting and reclaming a trail with erosion problem
If you;re not afraid to work in the dirt, want to learn more about trail building and if you love to ride (riding is included in the program) then you should sign up for this TBS.
For more information about the program and registration, klick here