The IMBA EPICS designation denotes a true backcountry riding experience. IMBA EPICS are what many mountain bikers live for and make travel plans around: immersive rides that are technically and physically challenging, beautiful to behold and worthy of celebration. We thank the many IMBA chapters, other trail groups and land managers that support these great rides.
It's time to fill the bucketlist with new European Epic Trails. Before nominating that trail you love so must to receive EPIC status, please read the exact criteria below
What makes an EPICS ride, epic?
- Demanding, mostly singletrack trail experience in a natural setting
- Denotes a true backcountry riding experience in remote settings
- One that is technically and physically challenging
- More than 80 percent singletrack
- At least 20 miles (>32 km) in length
- EPICS route is mapped on mtbproject.com or other online mapping source
Submit a ride by August 31, 2017
Here are two examples of EPIC rides in Europe
The Laugavegur Route in Iceland
The Alps Trail in Davos, Switzerland