The Benefits of Outdoor Sports for Society (BOSS) project is an exciting new project that has been developed through the European Network of Outdoor Sports (ENOS) to help to value the benefits of outdoor sports in economic terms.
The project has involved a 3 phased process
1. A literature review to examine what evidence there is for the benefits are accrued from outdoor sports
2. The development of a model that allows us to measure the economic value fo these benefit
3. The testing of the model through 12 diverse projects from across Europe
The Workshop will provide you with a short review of the literature but will focus in how how to use the toolkit to work out the benefits that a project brings and what they are worth in economic terms.
Programme for the day:
- 09:30 Arrivals and tea / coffee and refreshments with networking opportunities
- 10.00 Welcome and introductions
- 10.20 EU Sport Unit priorities
- 10.40 The findings from the literature review - what evidence is there for social benefits?
- 11.00 Toolkit part 1 - understanding your project and the stakeholders involved
- 11.30 Break
- 11.50 Toolkit part 2 - engaging stakeholders and gathering/analysing data
- 12.20 Toolkit part 3 - calculating value
- 13.00 Lunch and networking
- 14.00 Overview of testing phase and the values the projects created
- 14.20 How to practically apply the toolkit
- 15.20 Feedback and review
- 16.00 Close
Follow this link for you online registration. Your participation is free of charge
The Office of the Northern Ireland Executive in Brussels
180 Chaussée d'Etterbeek
For more information about the BOSS project and midterm results, please visit http://outdoorsportsbenefits.eu/