The IMBA Europe Summit is an annual event that brings together mountain bike enthusiast, bike advocates, volunteers, trail builders, land managers and representatives of the bike & tourism industry across Europe. The 2015 Summit is hosted by our French member Mountain Bikers Foundation and will take place in Ramatuelle on the Côte d'Azur from 17-19 April. The summit also features IMBA Europe's general assembly. National MTB advocacy organisations will play an increasingly important role in the future while they are pushing the mountain bike advocacy movement forward in several European countries.
What to expect?
The summit is a great opportunity to network in a casual setting, share ideas, learn new things and off course, ride some of the great trails along the Côte d'Azur.
Friday 17 April
- Arrivals & opening reception (starting at 19h30)
Saturday 18 April (full day)
- Opening by IMBA Europe's president
- Presentation: Mountain bike development in Northumberland NP - Forestry Commission UK
- Presentations: The future development and use of e-mountain bikes in Europe -Bosch eBike Systems(D)
- Panel discussion: Pros and cons of the e-mountain bike trend
- Presentation: The impact of mountain biking on the vegetation along trails - Primož Gams (SLO)
- Presentation: Creating jobs and prof. services through MTB instructor programs -MCF (F)
- Presentation: First outcomes European MTB survey -IMBA Europe
- Panel discussion: How to grow MTB participation, moderated by Randy Neufeld, director SRAM Cycling Fund
- Guided rides (starting at 15h30)
Sunday 19 April
- IMBA Europe general assembly (members only)
- Theme block: Trail development
- Building public and private partnerships in the MTB sector -Allegra Tourismus (CH)
- Planning and delivery of suburban trail systems -Singltrek (CZ)
- Theme block: Volunteer management
- Team up for trails! A trails community by mountain bikers and trail runners -ATBV (P)
- Presentation: Les Brigades Vertes 2.0. Green brigades broaden their field of activity -MBF (F)
- Theme block: Breaking the age and gender barrier
- How to build a women mountain bike community? - Sherides.se (S)
- Mountain bike programs on primary schools - Happy Trail (I)
- Closing remarks (14h30)
Monday 20 April
- 2nd European MTB guide & instructor meeting
The MTB guide&instructor meeting is on invitation and meant for developers and experts of national MTB guide & instructor training programs.
Village Club Léo Lagrange
Route de Bonne Terrasse, 83350 Ramatuelle
By train: Gare de Saint-Raphaël then shuttle by car or boat to Saint Tropez + taxi.
Road: Motorway A8 exit Le Muy, direction Sainte-Maxime, Saint-Tropez or le Luc. Follow direction Garde Freinet, Saint-Tropez, Proceed on the D 93 for 7 km (along the beaches) before arriving at Village Club Leo Lagrange
Paris: 880 km - Marseille: 136 km Lyon: 419 km - Nice: 114 km Toulon: 70 km.
By plane: Airports of Nice, Marseille-Marignane or Toulon-Hyères.