The International Mountain Bicycling Association Europe is excited to announce that the 6th annual IMBA Europe Summit will take place in Silkeborg from 9-11 May 2019.
Silkeborg is a small town located in the middle of the Danish Lake Highlands, surround by steep hills, lakes and the largest forest in Denmark which makes the region one of the best for mountain biking in Denmark. The municipality of Silkeborg and the Danish national IMBA member organisation DCU / Spor- og Naturudvalget work in partnership with IMBA Europe to become a worthy successor of Kransjka Gora, host of the previous IMBA summit.
The IMBA Europe 2019 Summit coincides with the MTB Festival Søhøjlandet, offering heaps of opportunities to explore both Silkeborgs local trails and other trails in the surrounding region during this weekend. The 3-day summit program includes international keynote speakers, breakout sessions, panel discussions, workshops and site visits. Attendees are sure to learn all about the latest in MTB community involvement, advocacy, recreational trail management & development, tourism and participation.
Summit attendees can easily extend their stay and bring their families with them whereas Silkeborg is located within a short drive from major attractions such as Aarhus and LEGOLAND in Billund. The 6th IMBA Europe Summit will take place at the Vejlsøhus Hotel & Conference Center.
Program at glance
On Thursday, attendees will learn about the different development stages to create model trail/outdoor communities. Our local host Silkeborg municipality will guide you through their strategy to become the Outdoor Capital of Denmark. IMBA US explain the value of more trails close to home and share some succes stories of recent projects in the US. Mark McClure will explain why training and education of both volunteers and professional is essential for local communities to create and maintain sustainable trails. If the afternoon, attenddees have the opportunity to visit different sites in and around Silkborg to learn more about why and how the different trail networks have been developed and to meet with the local land managers nad trail builders. Or you enroll in a mini trail building school to learn some basic trail building or maintenance skills. In the evening, food and drinks are served at the Specialized Denmark headquarters.
Friday & Saturday's program will take place at the main summit venue, Vejlsøhus Hotel & Conference Center. Confirmed speakers include:
- Dave Wiens, IMBA US executive director (and inductee to the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame)
- Hannah Barnes, pro mountain bike rider for Specialized
- Luca D'Angelo, director of Dolomiti Paganalla Tourism Board & Excecutive Director of Dolomiti Paganella Bike
- James Clark, director of Trail Solutions, IMBA vice president of programs
- Simon Christensen, development consultant of Silkeborg Kommune
- Casper Lindemann, DIF, NOC and Sports Federation of Denmark, project leader Danish Trail Centers
- Mark McClure, trail specialist with IMBA Europe
- Kevin Mayne, director Cycling Industries Europe
- Hans Stoops, project manager at Cykelfrämjandet
- Niamh Allum, Specialist Occupational Therapist Mental Health NHS Borders
- Kristian Skjødt, director Feriecenter Slettestrand
- Victor Alvarez, European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service (EGNOS)
- Tomas Kvasnicka, director Singltrek sro
More speakers and workshop leaders to come.
Riding and social activities are part of the summit program. Expect early bird morning rides, social events in the evenings and a guided ride to the MTB Festival Søhøjlandet for our closing party and Take Care of Your Trails award ceremony. For travel advice and accommodation, go to www.visitsilkeborg.com or go to our programs page
Early bird registration opens the 20th of February. Sign up before March 29th to save 20% on day tickets or 25% on the full summit, including 3 program days, social activities, riding and meals.
For individuals, businesses, land management agencies and other non-member organisations
For IMBA Europe national or associate member organisations only