The final meeting of the Movement, Environment & Well-being project will be hosted at the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam, October 11th. The MEW project is supported by the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union
The MEW project aims at the constitution of the “European Network for Health” which will promote the “Model of Action” (MA) elaborated during this project in order to counter sedentariness and to demonstrate economic savings and individual and social well-being which are generated by active behaviours in daily life. Project includes the publication of a book to convey the value of the Model of Action.
The project started in 2018 with a bibliographic research of international scientific material and then defined a “protocol of activities” for 200 beneficiaries from several EU countries. The protocol was defined by a multidisciplinary group of European experts who also monitored the management phases with meetings and conference calls. Project foresees involving beneficiaries in group activity to support their efforts and favour motivation and social relationships.
During the project, 10 multiplier sport events have been organised to discover urban and extra-urban areas, trekking and/or biking. An operative staff, with digital equipment, ensured monitoring and support to participants and verified participation levels and the results achieved by each individual. Final results have been assessed and, together with interviews, have been used to work out the “Model of Action”.
Project outputs will be available in paper and online and distributed at the meeting in Amsterdam and in local meetings. At the international meeting in Amsterdam, the foundation of the “European Network for Health” will be subscribed and the “volunteers of sport” nominated, in order to face the social emergencies caused by sedentariness, to promote physical activity and, as consequence, economic savings. The book published will be sent to the European Commission as well as to competent National Ministers in order to share the research data gathered and the analyses carried out by authors.
Program 11 October 2019
- 1:30 pm Registration of participants
- 2:00 pm Opening of the event Mark Torsius, IMBA Europe (The Netherlands)
- 2:10 pm Presentation of project and of project outputs and results, Andrea Bruni, MEW project manager, CSEN (Italy)
- 2:30 pm Results of My Task & Our Task campaigns, Iva Glibo & Richard Bailey ICSSPE (Germany)
- 2:50 pm Project outputs: Movement Environment Well-being. Increasing Physical Activity and Improving Quality of Life book, Karen Livingstone, ICCE (United Kindom)
- 3:10 pm Project outputs: Model of Action. A Practical Guide to Increase Physical Activity Levels and Boost Wellbeing, Maurizio Paradisi, CSEN & Sergio Nascimbeni, ASL Rm2 (Italy)
- 3:30 pm Potential impact of physical activity at community and national level, Mark Torsius, IMBA Europe (The Netherlands) & Codrin Cozbaru, Clubul de Turism “Veniti cu Noi” (Romania)
- 3.45 pm Coffee break
- 4:00 pm The role of volunteers of sport in their direct experience and as a proposal for project continuity
- 5:10 pm Award of certificates of Volunteer of Sport
- 5:20 pm Presentation of the European Network for Health, Andrea Bruni, MEW project manager, CSEN (Italy)
- 5:40 pm Signature of the memorandum of association of the European Network for Health
- 5:50 pm Conclusions & final farewell, Andrea Bruni, MEW project manager, CSEN (Italy) & Mark Torsius, IMBA Europe (The Netherlands)
- 6:00 pm Closure of event
More information about the MEW project, visit http://www.projectmew.eu