The IMBA Europe Summit will return as live event in 2022
After two consecutive online editions, the IMBA Europe Summit will return as a live event in 2022. IMBA Europe invites expressions of interest from those wishing to host the 2022 edition, a milestone event that marks the 10th anniversary of IMBA Europe. The event will celebrate a decade of pan-European mountain bike advocacy, promotion, education, trail development and the people who have helped to protect and create great places to ride mountain bikes.
If your organisation / city / region is interested to host the 2022 IMBA Europe Mountain Bike Summit please submit your application the 15th of October 2021 (noon CET) at the latest. The application file needs to be sent
to IMBA Europe’s Secretary, Mr. Kevin Mayne, mailto:email@example.com and IMBA Europe’s general manager Mark Torsius, firstname.lastname@example.org. IMBA Europe’s Board may ask to provide
additional information. Based on the applications submitted, IMBA Europe will select the city / region / destination best suited to host the event. This bid manual contains all information needed to prepare your application.
IMBA Europe 2021 Virtual Summit - June 17th
Missed our 2021 Summit? Here are our top takeway messages
'How can we improve people's lives through mountain biking?'
As we begin to surface from the year that was 2020, there is still much to be told about what happened within the mountain biking industry. To shed light on what happened in 2020, and how to move forward, we will be bringing together a diverse lineup of keynote speakers and panellists who will provide valuable insight into how we can make mountain biking both sustainable and inclusive throughout Europe.
Expect an online summit with leading experts and policy makers in the field of adventure travel, MTB tourism, MTB trail development, outdoor recreation, and the cycling industry. Through thought provoking panel discussions, and engaging keynote speaker presentations, we will address the key messaging from IMBA Europe's strategy 2025.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Peter Fischer - Policy Officer Green Sport; International Sport Cooperation; European Commission, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture (DG EAC), Sport Unit - The first keynote speaker will discuss the role of Green Sports in the new EU Work Plan for Sport
- Thomas Larsen Schmidt - Consultant for DGI and President of IMBA Europe.- With the focal point of the summit being the new strategy, this is a great opportunity to go through IMBA Europe's action plan towards 2025.
The second part of the summit will be divided into three interactive panel discussions covering the following topics.
1. Working towards a diverse and inclusive mountain biking community in Europe.
- Aneela McKenna- Founder of Mor Diversity, diversity, inclusion & wellbeing expert
- Stefan Lönngren -Project manager at Cykelfrämjandet / Stigcykling for children and young people with NPF
- Brook Hopper - Global Marketing Manager at Giant / Liv Cycling
2. The preconditions to allow for sustainable growth in mountain biking.
- Morten Kamp Schubert - Founder of Mountain Bike United
- Martin Wyttenbach - Head of Environmental Planning Research Group at ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- Clement Doby - Decathlon / Head of Mountain biking
- Matthew Pierce - Patagonia / Sports Marketing Manager
3. Investing in mountain biking friendly places.
- Mathilde Skov Kristensen - Assistant researcher, University of Southern Denmark
- Diana Garcia Trujillo - Master in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Regional Planning, Ostelea Tourism Management School , co-author of 'When we can travel again'
- Lars Wraee Jensen- Project leader DIRTT (Developing Inter European Resources for Trail building Training) and driving force behind the regional MTB development project Tråkk 'n' Roll in the Hallingdal region.